Thursday, April 15, 2010

Does Your Space Navigator Glow? Mine Does.

The greatest thing about attending the 2010 Google Mapper-Modeler Summit in Zurich last month was getting to meet lots of cool people doing similar things with modeling and mapping in a friendly, social atmosphere.

A close second might be the 3Dconnexion Space Navigator which Google may or may not have sent home with each of us. I'll let you guess...

I'd been playing with the Space Navigator since I got back from my European tour and I liked it. Only problem was, it didn't glow. I could go on about how it made navigating 3D space in Google Earth easier, more fun, and more smooth, but really, I just wanted it to glow.

GLOW, dammit! In all the pictures you glow, so why don't you glow for me?

After a few weeks I almost forgot my dream of having a mouse that looks like a miniature, glowing hovercraft. But today I rebooted while my 3D mouse was plugged in and...surprise! It was glowing! A perfect ring of blue LED light seemed to breathe forth a message: There, there. I am your Space Navigator and I function. I am there for you...


And, I glow!


EDIT: Don't have one? Want one? Get one HERE.