Monday, September 13, 2010

Dónde puedo conseguir SketchUp?


Pardon me, Spanish speakers, if that was incorrect Spanish (but I thought I would try using a handy phrase taught me by a friend-- I just replaced one word "cerveza").

Modeler John Wilkes from UK sent me this nice video he found on another modeler's YouTube channel. Auquicu was the winner of this year's Google Model Your Town competition in Barranco, Lima, Peru.

The video shows John Bacus, Product Manager at Google, and Allyson McDuffie, Education Program Manager, in Peru talking about SketchUp and its increased use among first-time users in South America. Also the Google entourage was there to present a Peruvian school with ten thousand dollars as a prize for Jorge's ("Auquicu's") win.

Just a nice video from a different perspective.

P.S. The answer to the question in the post title is HERE, for free.
P.P.S. Thanks to modeler Generalfeldmarschall for pointing out my Spanish mistake.