Thursday, October 1, 2009

SketchUp School



Meet Mike Tadros. He will be one of our judges this Halloween in the Pumpkin Carving Contest.

When I got started in SketchUp I really had NO idea how to do it. I was not a "computer person." Luckily there was a great, free resource called The SketchUp Show (starring Mike T. and Alex Oliver) that I began watching on iTunes. It turns what might seem like a formidable subject for a beginner into something very approachable.

I'm revisiting The SketchUp Show this week to learn more about Dynamic Components, which are objects you can design to interact with (example, a door that swings open when you click on it). I feel like I'm starting at the beginning again but I'm not too worried this time :)

Why is Mike dressed like a Power Ranger? See SketchUp Show episode #37 for the answer to this and other fashion tips from Mike.