Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Google Earth in the Year 3000

Hi SketchUp Islanders. Fellow Islander Lorenz Eisermann from Berlin (Germany) has shared a fascinating look into the possible future of Google Earth in the following video. Lorenz writes

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I am checking frequently. Here I found something awesome you may like to report about:



I am waiting for those features to become available to anyone. Real-time animation and social interaction are going to be the next great things on Web3D.

Lorenz, thanks for viewing the blog! You are a good salesman. Your description was enough to make me want to check it out and I did.

The animation seen in the video is a rough idea of the possible future of Google Earth. I have often wondered if it will go in that direction-- a miniature, animated "real time Earth." Real time weather and 3D clouds. Real time traffic. Even real time pedestrians walking around the cities. What do you think?